Report From Paradise


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Long Key
January 31st 2013
Published: January 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Florida BayFlorida BayFlorida Bay

I just love these colors.
Thursday, 31 January, 2013

Monday we came back to beautiful Long Key State Park, back to site 57 for a few days. I think Long Key is our favorite park now, we love being right on the water. Crossing the bridges and looking out over the gorgeous colors of the water in Florida Bay and the Atlantic Ocean is always a treat. Once set up, we waded out into the Atlantic. The tide was out and it was very shallow a good ways out. We enjoyed watching the birds at low tide picking around in the water.

Tuesday was another softball day and what a turnout there was, 28 players. It was a good game and everyone seemed to have fun even though the score was a bit lopsided, 22-10. The weather was great, as usual, and so what is there to complain about?

Wednesday Kerry went fishing, but no fish. I paid bills and did end of the month stuff, like balancing the checkbook. Mostly it was a relaxing, goof-off kind of day; sit around, read, a little crochet, a nap for Kerry.

This morning more softball. The skies looked a bit threatening, with a band
More beautiful colorsMore beautiful colorsMore beautiful colors

in Florida Bay
of showers coming in front of a cold front. I think that kept some of the players away, we only had 20 show up. But, after a few sprinkles during batting practice, the skies cleared to a beautiful blue and the temperature dropped a couple of degrees. I made out the lineup and the final score was 10-12.

We went to lunch afterwards at Castaways as I was eager for one of their cracked conch sandwiches. It was very disappointing. It wasn’t cracked enough, really tough, and the potato salad was packaged. Kerry had shrimp tacos, and they only had one shrimp each. My iced tea was of the instant variety, so it was not a good experience at all. Cross that one off our list. But tonight is Wing Night at the Hurricane and we’re going to meet Don and Ruth Anne there.

We did a little grocery shopping on the way back and now have some ice cream for those times when you just have to have it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

View from the waterView from the water
View from the water

This is our camper from out in the Atlantic
Wet FeetWet Feet
Wet Feet

See, I actually was in the water
Birdy FootprintsBirdy Footprints
Birdy Footprints

on the sandbar at low tide
IbisIbis
Ibis

hunting for dinner
Another gorgeous sunriseAnother gorgeous sunrise
Another gorgeous sunrise

taken from our camper doorway
Love this viewLove this view
Love this view

through our kitchen window.
SunriseSunrise
Sunrise

this morning


31st January 2013

Another bunch of awesome pictures....life is sooooo rough! We should hit 17 degrees tonight!!!! So be thinkig about us "Tennessee yankees". :)
6th February 2013

beautiful sunset and sunrise! what are you making Charlie? lopsided score, in who\'s favor Ker? love ya!!!!!!

Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 18; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb