Moving Day - Farewell Fabers


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Kissimmee
April 19th 2014
Published: April 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Star IslandStar IslandStar Island

Knapp's new location
Yesterday, things were on the move! Lory, Jay and Sara checked out of Cypress Harbour and moved to another condo at Star Island. This resort is located just down the pike from us on route 192. They had stayed here before so knew where to locate. Here on the ranch at Tropical Palms, our attention was drawn to the maintenance men strenuously working to upright a light post that was inches away from "resting" on a big motor home. In the early morning hours, a person driving a fifth wheel had tried to make the corner at the end of a row: missed it! The fifth wheel hit a trailer that then was shoved into the electric post as well as pushing over this big lamp post ..... just missing the RV! That was quite a move! Obviously, the fifth wheel sustained significant damage in this process. Oh, the trials & tribulations of living in a trailer park! Our family reassembled and some of our group moved on to lunch at the Celebration Tavern. It was bountiful and delicious. Oh, did I tell you....the evening before we all gorged ourselves at "The Trough" (Golden Corral). No matter how hard I try to be good and control my impulses at this mega feed station....it doesn't work. I always leave feeling like Twiddle-Dee & Twiddle-Dum COMBINED! The ominous clouds started changing and moving. A storm was approaching. I'm always in awe of the storms that occur here in Florida. They are so threatening and powerful. This one proved true. The sky was BLACK! The heavy, torrential rains followed. And then it moved on and the sun shone brightly. Miracle! The Faber group came over to the Knapp's new condo. This would be our last time together until we all get home in New York. They are flying out this morning from Tampa. Safe Travels, Fabers. We miss you already! Where did the time go? It is even hard for us to realize that our four months here at Tropical Palms have passed....where did it go? I guess it just flew away.....time flies....right?


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Celebration Tavern LunchCelebration Tavern Lunch
Celebration Tavern Lunch

OMG......who could eat ALL that?
Travis & Mike Travis & Mike
Travis & Mike

Wearing Cory's new hat....
Beautiful Girls: Haley, Sara, ShannonBeautiful Girls: Haley, Sara, Shannon
Beautiful Girls: Haley, Sara, Shannon

Beautiful Family: Kim, Cory & Lory
Winning!Winning!
Winning!

I'm still playing & winning!


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb