Start Packing! After Shows & Dining


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Kissimmee
January 21st 2020
Published: January 22nd 2020
Edit Blog Post

Excited? You should be! We are continuing with our annual ritual of going cruising. Time to pack your bags. No time to waste and we are on a time schedule.....no late arrivals, remember. Try to limit your bags....our car is full but we will squish you and your satchels in somehow. You may look like a flat pancake upon arrival but at least, you’ll be in our party. What?? What?? I can hear you. You want to know where we are going? Of course, you do. Hint:..... Central America. Figured it out, yet? Yep....the Panama Canal. I know, I know.....you are right....we have been here before. And....we are taking the same Caribbean Princess Cruise Ship....and stopping at most of the same ports. Deja Vu.....except, fingers crossed and praying I don’t get sick this time. Remember that horrific ordeal? I stayed in their beautiful, super comfy, wonderful bed for days and missed food and ports. You must remember all that suffering I endured. You surely remember that we actually purchased the Princess Luxury bed (that I stayed listlessly in for days and nights) after that cruise and currently are sleeping on it in our RV home. Oooooooo- it’s all so good! I’m hoping I can see and do what I missed 2 years ago. One of our excursions on this cruise is going to take us by an old train through a banana plantation. Excited? So are we! Now compound all this with the fact that 4 other couples from Tropical Palms are joining Sam & Sandy and us on this cruise. Yippee! The more the merrier. Friendship, fun and merriment will be our routine aboard this gorgeous, floating city. Hip-Hip-Hooray! Embarkation onto this mega ships is this Thursday, January 23rd. We shall return to Port Lauderdale on Feb. 2nd with many, exquisite memories to be shared. Excited? You betcha! Big head (but Lovely)Lulu is sending in her stand-in....the real “Little Lulu”. You have met her before on other cruises. Big head (but Lovely) Lulu is fearful the authorities will question her appearance so rather than make a scene, she just has her friend, Little Lulu, fill in for her. They make a great team despite their size difference. Advice: pack now!

We haven’t let the so-called Florida “grass” grow too high under our feet.

We found our way back to the huge Webster Flea Market. It was pretty good. Quite warm with good crowds. Sam had a successful day finding a unique, antique golf course water sprinkler and other goodies to use in his cannon creations. No extra room in our mobile house so our purchases were minimal and teenie. Saw our friends, Jim & Linda, selling at their booth in one of the pavilions on the West Side: the Best Side. Nice to see them again. Didn’t linger as they were busy in their booth. Cory liked a big Russian fur (faux) hat. He used to have one and almost bought this one. But....hey, we are in Florida....the Sunshine State. Hot weather and sweat. Not so fast, Guenter, this week we are in a cold spell...freezing temperatures just above us but with the wind chill factor, it feels like the tundra in our area. Brrrrrr. Bring on the big, fuzzy hat! Lulu would have loved it! Her hair is so short that her head gets cold....she would be a true hot head with that cap on.....and striking, too.

With my Fitbit running at full tilt, the four of us boarded our black buggy and sped to the annual Florida RV Supershow in Tampa. With a limited time window available, we went on the first day ....Senior Day. Crazy busy and packed. Every old person in Florida was here plus the regular attendees. Lulu was almost overcome with claustrophobia....of course she was stuck way down in her carry bag most of the time. This show is another example of deja vu. Everything is the same and in the same place. We drooled our way through the extreme multi million dollar RV’s. A few allow you to walk through if you take your shoes off. Others have a portable stand in front of them so you can drool and awe through the front windshield. Serious buyers are the only folks allowed in. Obviously, we stayed on the outside. We hiked mega miles to see the new Tiffin RV’s (our brand). Nice....very nice but we are still content with the one we have. We won’t buy another one at this stage of our lives, anyway. What is...is.

Surprise, Surprise! Look who we found on the heavily mobbed grounds. Our friends, Mike & MJ and their daughter, Stacy. What a great find! Always wonderful to see them. We are still planning a day of togetherness soon.

Lulu was thrilled to find her own RV. She fussed when we didn’t buy it for her. There is no way we could tow that plus our car. There is a length limit as to how long your vehicles can be! She tried to stomp her feet but you know why that didn’t happen.....no feet! She got over it all once she found “Oscar”. He was so kind and chatty it took her mind off her disappointment. I even had the opportunity to catch a photo with Oscar. Lucky me!

Exhausted and weak, it was time for us to go. Whew! I almost thought I was going to have to sit on Sam’s lap as he drove his scooter to our car....parked miles away in the ginormous parking lot. What a relief to sit in our boiling, hot car! Pant, Pant, Sweat! Thankfully we have a/c! Seldom used it up North. Use it all the time in Florida.

Time to eat....as usual. This time, Cory suggested a wonderful restaurant he and I had gone to a couple years ago when we were stuck at Lazy Days. It’s called Portillo. Unique and fascinating decor. It originates out of Chicago and is famous for their various hot dogs. Menu includes much more. We liked being there again but I don’t think Sam & Sandy found it quite as thrilling. We all march to the tune of a different drummer.

Tropical Palms had a park wide yard sale. Some set up their wares in our big meeting building. Others set up right at their site. Lots of great stuff .....but we are so limited with no more space in our RV. BUT...one site had their patio furniture and more set out for FREE. Room or not, we took their 4 outdoor chairs. We want chairs you can just leave out when it rains. Perfect! Cory painted them and we are all set to accommodate everyone and anyone....we already had enough chairs to fill a stadium. If you need to rest awhile: stop by and have a seat! Plenty of seating. Our patio is always open. No reservations required.

On recommendation from our friend, Carolyn, we selected the Woodsby Countryside Cafe to dine one afternoon. Not too far away which was nice. Had to wait for a seat as the restaurant was packed....confirmed by the multitude of cars parked all around it. Well worth the wait. The food was delicious and mounds of it. Huge menu.

I borrowed a few pictures of Disneyworld to share with you. Remember we live only 2.4 miles from the edge of Disney. It is truly a magical place. So much to see. Amazing is only one small adjective to describe it. Walt Disney gave us all such an incredible gift. Take a look at just a tiny part of his gift. We have annual passes and have to decide soon about renewing them. Decisions, Decisions.

Today took us to Sandy’s medical clinic. They removed her hard cast and replaced it with a soft splint. Her hand fracture is 80% healed. She feels better with this lighter splint. More mobility. Tomorrow, she sees her orthopedic surgeon to discuss and plan her surgery on her torn rotator cuff. The surgery will be sometime after our cruise. She is so brave and strong and wants to maintain her independence as much as she can. Nurse Ratched will be breathing down her neck....like it or not.

So this is it, folks.....for at least a couple weeks. I don’t buy the Wifi on the ship ($$$$) so my blogs will be placed on hold and will return after the cruise. Of course, I’ll keep a thorough journal of our cruise experiences so you will know all our adventures moment by moment. See....nothing to get upset about....you only have to be patient if you aren’t planning on joining us on the cruise. Sit back and relax....rest your eyes. Enjoy the sound of silence. Lulu has a tear in her eye...she will miss you. We’ll see you soon! As for us: Bon Voyage!

14 photos to check out...keep scrolling down. ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



22nd January 2020

Happy and safe travels
Cruise and have a wonderful time you guys! Joe, Linda and Maxine
23rd January 2020

Thank you!
We will be waving to you as the ship pulls away. ?

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb