Wishin' for Warmer Weather


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Jacksonville
February 7th 2016
Published: February 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

There has been no frost on our pumpkin but it has not been the nice weather we had hoped for. A week of rain and a cold north wind in the 50's is not really what we had in mind when we put Florida on the agenda but it is what it is and we have made the most of it by relaxing, reading and basically sitting around. Jacksonville was kind of a stop over prior to Daytona anyway so we had no great expectations of travel and sightseeing. We did get to Clarks Fish Camp for dinner with Zac and his room mate which is always great food in an exotic setting. I am sure that one person didn't bag all the animals in this restaurant because there are dozens. It makes for an interesting walk through the different rooms and I could post 20 pics of all the animal mounts but I have posted a few that we had some fun with, much to the chagrin of the waiters and waitress'. So here's hoping that the wind will die down and the temps will get back to the 60's so we can take the bike out for a ride but if not we will just have to go to the mall and walk around for a few hours with the rest of the old folks so we can get some exercise then go to an early movie and have popcorn for lunch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



7th February 2016

Daytona
Are you planning to go to the Nascar Race? To answer the question on the first pic...It wouldn't mess with either Tiger
7th February 2016

you bet
We have tickets for saturday and Sunday plus we plan to pick up general admission for Thursdays twin 150s next week
7th February 2016

re: Bad Weather
So, you had bad weather for a few days, and you couldn't ride, and it was raining some of the time. How many days did you get up and go to work? Did you sleep in at any time when the rest of us are gulping down a final cup of coffee so that they could see the road to work? I now have 39 more work days.
7th February 2016

Animal fun
Which is more deadly? Probably the cougar in the blue top. So did Ray get an itchy trigger finger walking around the "animal" exhibit?

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb