Caribbean Cruise 27th May 2012


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we go on the Caribbean Cruise

We are down for breakfast at about 08:00 and we eat outside overlooking the ocean, watching the world go by. We are in the sun and it is really hot, by the end of breakfast we are just about melting.

We go up to our room and finish packing and check out of the hotel at around 11:00, despite my initial impressions of the hotel I now quite like it. We get a taxi to the Cruise liner terminal. When we see the ship “The Allure of the Seas” it is enormous, there is so much of it above the sea-line, it looks like it is liable to topple over- hopefully not! As with our limited previous limited experience for checking in for cruises – it is organized chaos, although this liner is the biggest in the world, so it is understandable. We get to the check-in and we still have our suitcases. We find out that we had the option to leave our luggage outside, now we have taken them so far we decide to take the cases onboard ourselves, which as it turns out is a good option as we are able to take our bags directly to our cabin, alternatively we may have had to wait until 20:00 for them to have been delivered

Although we can drop off our cases at our cabin, it is not ready for us to occupy, so we go for a walk around the vessel. We go to a pub on the Royal Promenade, which full of Shops, Bars and Restaurant’s, it is hard to imagine that you are still on a ship! We finish our drinks and then go to our cabin to change for dinner. We have pre-booked our dining times, we intend to eat early at around 17:00/18:00, mostly by ourselves, but we have a couple of nights in the middle of the cruise when we have booked to dine at a larger table – just to be sociable!

We eventually find our restaurant it is really plush and we have a great three-course meal. During the meal we start to feel movement of the ship, it is not excessive- but noticeable. It is probably due to a storm that was due to hit land north of Florida in the evening.

We then have a walk around the ship and we come upon the Spa, I have my haircut. We then find the Aqua-Theatre where there is a show at 21:00 call OceanAria Aqua Show, but it is fully booked! (After our hectic schedule in travelling across the U.S., we have decided to “chill-out” on the cruise, so we have not booked anything, shows, excursions etc.) But there is a policy on the ship that if the people who have booked do not show up 10 minutes before the performance, then their seats are forfeited, so we get in no problem. It is an amazing show that combines high-diving, acrobats, dancing and trampoline acts. It is an extremely entertaining show. We then leave and head for our cabin after a long day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb