Fort Lauderdale


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We drive four hours from St Augustine to Fort Lauderdale. We stopped for a quick bite on the way to Fort Lauderdale. Our hotel is a Marriott AC hotel. I had low expectations since AC is a cheaper Marriott but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel has a pool with a bar on the third floor. Our room is large with a huge wrap around balcony and two sliding glass doors. Christopher and Brad return our rental car and meet Christie and Laura at the airport. They Uber back to hotel because we do not need a rental car in Fort Lauderdale. Dinner is at a Mexican restaurant a short walk from our hotel. After dinner the kids play in the ocean while we relax on our balcony.


Christie is taking four classes and has a test today. She works in her room while the rest of us relax around the pool. Covid tests are mandatory for the cruise so we all take tests and everyone tests negative. I am relieved I brought six tests with me so we did not have to leave our hotel to test. We logged into EMed and a person checks our test, checks our drivers license and watches us test. They email the test results which can be used for air travel or cruise travel. Lunch is at a restaurant right next to our hotel. Mark, Christopher, Laura and I all play in the warm ocean unto it is time to get ready for dinner.

Dinner was at Lulus. Every time we go to Fort Lauderdale we go to Lulus, it is a tradition. The kids go out after dinner but Mark and I turn in early. The next day is the beginning of our cruise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb