Costco / Flee market


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Deerfield Beach
October 11th 2011
Published: October 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Whilst we have been in Tenerife, we have been doing a lot of walking. Most of this is being done wearing beach sandals, so we are always on the lookout for good quality reasonable priced ones. When we were in the shops on Sunday, Theresa bought a good pair that had been reduced from $19.99 to $9.99 (about £7 with tax). She has worn them since and they are very comfortable. This morning we went back to Kmart where Theresa bought another pair and George bought two different pairs. These should keep us in shoes for quite a while now.

Whenever we visit the USA, we always try to visit our local Costco store. We have membership in the UK which entitles us to use the stores here. We found the nearest store was only about 3 miles from the apartment so paid it a visit this morning. There are 5 stores in Miami. Their stores all tend to look the same, with nearly the same items for sale with a few local variations. Bought a big box of raisins to take home with us.

Had a great lunch at Costco of hotdogs and soda costing only $1.50 each. That’s about £2 for two hot dogs and two refillable drinks. Very good value.

In the brochure given to us by the complex owners, there was a voucher for some money off at a flea market that is next door to Costco. Not expecting too much we decided to visit after Costco. We were very surprised.

The flea market has about 2000 stalls within it selling everything that you could ever want. We could not work out if it was there for the tourists or if it was for the locals as it was in the middle of a big trading estate. Did not have souvenirs in it all, but the sort of things that you would find in the local high street in the UK.

As the flea market was so much bigger than we were expecting, we decided to come back first thing in the morning so that we can get to see it all.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb