Rainbow River Tubing Day


Advertisement
Published: February 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

This was a great trip and I’m glad that we planned it. Jaime, Rana, Rana’s daughter, and Rana’s friend Wanda, all met me and Sophie at our house and we drove up to the Rainbow River where we met up with Mike, Sherri, and their two kids. Locating the park entrance for the tubing turned out to be a bit of a challenge as there are several entrances to the park.

We rented our tubes and were off for a day of relaxation, floating leisurely down the river and getting some sun (I got a bit too much sun myself). There were lots of others on the river with us, as it was a nice weekend, but they were all very nice and one man actually gave us some rope to tie our tubes together.

There is a large tree about half way down the river that has a crudely built ladder that allows guests to climb up the tree and jump off into deep water via a rope swing. Mike and his son couldn’t resist trying it and we all enjoyed watching them.

After we finished the tubing we hung out in the parking lot and had a nice picnic lunch including my now traditional rum punch. Then it was a 2 hour drive back home where Sophie preceded to fall asleep and loudly snored the entire way using Jaime as a pillow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb