Day 9 – Cocoa and preparing for cruise 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Cocoa
March 24th 2017
Published: April 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

We did not have a particularly good night’s sleep last night. The main East coast Florida railroad line is just on the other side of the highway and we are right close to a junction. Trains in USA can be several miles long. Every train that went past last night had to blow it´s horn repeatedly as it crossed the junction to alert local cars. As we are so close to it, each train woke us both up. We must better plan for next time.

This morning, we drove into the cruise port to work out if it is feasible for Theresa to drop George off in the morning with all the bags. Unfortunately, we could not get close enough, so could not answer the question.

Then we headed to the Alamo rental office where we will be returning our rental car tomorrow. We decided it would be better to take everything there and let the shuttle take all our bags in. The man in the office advised that they can only go into the port once they have been authorised by the port master, probably around 10.30 am. He said it would get very busy tomorrow morning, so the earlier we get there the less queue there will be.

Next we headed to the local laundrette and washed the clothes we had worn for the ten days since we had left home. There was a Dollar General and a Big Lots close by so plenty to keep us occupied, but no more purchases as we already have enough to fill all our bags.

All bags now packed, sealed and labelled ready for an early exit tomorrow morning. Our luggage has to have the correct labels downloaded from the Norwegian Cruise line web site.

While we were packing, we had a Florida rain storm. This is very similar to a Tenerife rain storm. It rains really hard and floods, but only for a short time. An hour later and you would not have known we had any rain at all.

This evening, we are heading to a Denny´s we spotted yesterday on Merritt Island, an area close to Cocoa. This is one our favourite American restaurants, and we could not visit USA without finding a Denny´s for at least one meal. We were not to be disappointed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



23rd April 2017

Day 9
Not good that you did not sleep well let's hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. That steak looks delicious ,hope the nachos are good and spicy. Let's hope that's the last of the rain for this holiday

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb