Pat's visit at an end


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Brandon
February 14th 2015
Published: February 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Happy Valentine's Day



Pat and I spent the day Friday enjoying the campground, exploring and just relaxing in the sun. Late in the day we went to the movies and had a piece of pizza then came back to camp and put the heater on. It's going to be cold tonight.



Saturday morning we woke at 5 am and left for the airport at 5:30am after scraping frost off the windshield. It was 33 degrees in Florida, what happeed!



Pat got off on time and I made it home in an hour. It was a great visit and I'll miss her. Oscar was still in bed. I had a leasurely breakfast and watched tv for about an hour, made a grocery list, got directions to my next campground, took Oscar for a walk and watched the Osprey drama in the nest next to the camper.



Went grocery shopping, stopped at a farm stand and got back to the campground in time to sit in the sun and finish my book. Of course, there was more drama with the Osprey, but I think they have settled things now. There were 3 Osprey, then a 4th appeared and they were all having a dispute over the nest. Some sticks were added today and this afternoon only 2 were at the nest. Peace reigns on Valentine's Day.



I'll be packing up tomorrow morning and leaving about noon for the complicated journey to Kissemee Prarie Preserve.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 101; dbt: 0.1239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb