Roadtrip SW USA...With Home & Away...Colorado way


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Roadtrip SW USA...With Home & Away...Colorado way. We have just had a roadtrip through Utah & Arizona to beat all roadtrips...but it may never have happened if it wasn't for Bob. He didn't arrange the polar vortex to lay thick snow on our path through deserts and eroded striated vistas...but I wouldn't begrudge him if he claimed he did. A few months before we left Oz I contacted Bob and said we... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 21


Advertisement





Our Happy HostsOur Happy Hosts
Our Happy Hosts

Thanks for having us
To remember you byTo remember you by
To remember you by

Linda's three crocheted stars



9th May 2015

Winter wonderland
So lovely to be reminded of the spectacular beauty of Colorado, having traveled through it I now understand why it is so popular and to be met at the end by Bob, Linda & Will was such a treat.
9th May 2015

Winter wonderland
I can't imagine the USA SW could be any prettier than how it was for us in Winter. Can't imagine Colorado Rocky Mountains any other way. Sure was a treat Denise to stay with Home & Away...be nice to return someday.
9th May 2015

Our time together was very special...
first in Sydney at your home and then at our home. Thanks so much for making the effort to visit us. I am pleased that you discovered the wonders of the American West, which will draw you back someday. We look forward to our next time together wherever and whenever that may be.
9th May 2015

Our time together was very special...
Thank you again Bob & Linda for being such gracious hosts and ensuring that Travelblog's motto that it is the World's friendliest travel community...is so true so true.
9th May 2015
Grand Junction, Colorado

I have a photo just like this one!
9th May 2015
Grand Junction, Colorado

I have a photo just like this one!
Hard to not stop for Lynne. I reckon the panorama pic catches it perfectly.
9th May 2015

Colorado
It looks great in the snow .I have friends there near Aspen - one of the things I enjoyed there was the hot springs, I'll be heading back there in September for sure. And adding garden of the gods to my list. Cheers Dave
9th May 2015

Colorado
Colorado looks and feels like the adventure and winter sports capital Lynne so I can only imagine your September sojourn will be exhilarating. And I reckon autumn colours will be a treat for your lens.
10th May 2015

Travel Blog is family
It is amazing how travel blog connects us with like minded people. Dave and i loved our visit with Bob and Linda and look forward to the next one. They are so nice and we truly enjoyed every minute with them. You had the "right car" the "right music".....everything is better with John Denver. You deserved the red carpet, glad Bob was there waiting for you. His house is tucked away in those trees and would be difficult to find in low light. The beauty was enhanced by the snow Bob and Linda requested. Great you got to meet their extended family at the bird feeder. Gorgeous.
10th May 2015

Travel Blog is family
Couldn't agree more. Not only do Travelbloggers give great ideas for our holidays...they make sure they can look after us to make sure we are enjoying it. Looking forward to something special with some others TBers later in our trip...stay tuned...promises to be a beauty!!!
17th May 2015

Joy and sadness wrapped together.
There is joy in reading about your reunion with beloved friends and fellow travelbloggers (whose blogs I also love) and sadness in reading about the Islamic terrorists again. I was in Hong Kong myself when it happend, judst about to head to Islamic Indonesia and Malaysia. My visits there got filled with talks about the events, some supporting it, some not. It feels like we're going towards darker times, more conservativeness, more nationalism, more extremism and more violence. Keep spreading the love as best as you can my dancing friends, the world has need of it...
17th May 2015

Joy and sadness wrapped together.
Thank you for your comments Per-Olof. The joy of TB meetings are easy to discuss, for some reason the sadness of the Islamic terrorist epidemic in the world less so. That to me is of concern. It has no place in the 21st Century and until the world unites against it destruction of places like Nimrod and Palmyra will not be the only casualties that history will remember from this present dilemma.
4th June 2015

It's all about the people!
It is amazing when we reflect on the many memories, it often revolves around the people that we come across along the way! It is the stories, the laughter, the server that went out of their way at a roadside cafe or a stranger that said hello on a beach... through all the place and things we see, it is always the people that weave the fabrics of the tales!
4th June 2015

It's all about the people!
So true, I guess it is Sean. The scenery may be fantastic but the stories we remember best are woven by those we meet on the way...even better when they ask or you have time to stay. And when they are fellow Travelbloggers and I have time to hear what they say...gotta admit it...it makes my day!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb