Summer Skiing


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, even though it's almost June there is still skiing to be had.

Matt, Brandon and I did a backcountry day on Rollins Pass just above the last ski train tunnel before Winter Park.

We spent the night in a tent right by the car and due to the recent high temperatures we began our trek at the early hour of 4:00. Our descent was from Radio Beacon Mountain and it was sweet. The top was a large open area that lead down down into a steep coulior.

Enjoy

P.S.
I also put two pictures from Dave's Wave on the south side of Loveland Pass.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Radio Beacon MountainRadio Beacon Mountain
Radio Beacon Mountain

We started from the top and skied through the largest couliour in the middle.
The GangThe Gang
The Gang

We are the diehards.
Mi Hermano MateoMi Hermano Mateo
Mi Hermano Mateo

This is the morning trek. I love the sunrise in the background and his snowshoes way above his head.
Brandon Trekin'Brandon Trekin'
Brandon Trekin'

Our cousin the flat lander, is no flat lander anymore.
CrackCrack
Crack

The snow is so old all of the cornices were beginning to melt away and break off. This one is pretty close to going.
ChuteChute
Chute

We came through the couliour just to left of the big rock bulge.
Teles Rule!!Teles Rule!!
Teles Rule!!

After we skied the mountain there was a five mile runout to the car. The snowboarders had to snowshoe but I got to ski the whole way down. I love teles!
DaveDave
Dave

This is from a different BC day on Loveland Pass with Matt. The run in the middle is called Dave's Wave and it gets so much snow in the winter it was one of the only South Facing lines possible the day we went out.


8th June 2006

Sweet pics!
It is so great to see you take advantage of the mountains! Gotta love the teles. Think there is any chance we can convince the boarders (Matt, Brandon, Jeff) of that? Doubtful. Love ya Sarah
8th June 2006

summertime
Looks like you're already having a great summer! Take care and give me a call when you're in the Fort! I just finished running my first marathon in San Diego, CA!!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.9kb