Rocky Mountains National Park 19 till 23 July (days 86 to 90)


Advertisement
Published: August 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Back to our hiking boots. In the 'rockies' we stayed in the town of Estes which is already about 2,500 metres above sea level. This time we got our own cabine and after 3 months on the road we were able to prepare our own meals for five days. That was a real break from cafes and restaurant food. It is one of the most beautiful regions we saw in the US. It was not early spring but flowers in the fields were still blooming and there are lakes and waterfalls everywhere. We did long walks everyday and the biggest challenge we took was climbing Mount Ida which is about 4000 metres high. It was our test to see how we will cope with the altitude in Bolivia. It went almost fine. Nevertheless we were able to enjoy one of the best views in the area. It is in here that we saw lots and lots of wildlife. We managed to save some of the pictures of elk. We had a 'memory card issue' and cannot download the pictures to our little computer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



18th August 2009

wow
How nice!!! The landscap is wonderful and the sky is so blue...

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb