Rocky Mountain State Park


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, I have my location as Rocky Mountain State Park, but we're really in Rawlins, Wyoming, and I still have to post about yesterday at Pike's Peak. Sooooo here it goes 😊

Yesterday, we got up early and headed up Pike's Peak. We couldn't have asked for a prettier day. It was gorgeous. Jesse saw his first elk on the way up, and he was sooo excited. We survived the drive up the mountain, and every one of us got light headed and sick at the top, which made for the rest of the day being quite miserable, haha. Anyway, we spent awhile up at the top, taking pictures and looking in the store. I bought a shirt that says 'got oxygen?' on it (because it was definitely lacking on top of that mountain) and Josh bought a shot glass to add to his collection. We headed back down, then it was off to Denver. We of course hit it right at rush hour, so it took awhile to get through town. We finally got to Boulder where we stayed the night. It was late, had been a long day, and I think we all died once we hit our pillows.

Today, we got up and headed to Rocky Mountain National Park. Once again, we had a perfect day. We had never been here before, so this was all new to us, and it was beautiful. We took the old road through the park, which was a one way switchback road all the way up the mountain. It was beautiful. There was still snow on the tops of the mountains, and there were streams everywhere. Jesse got to see an entire herd of elk, and he could hardly contain himself. Then, right as we were leaving the park, after Dad telling Jesse how lucky we would be if we got to see a moose on this trip, we saw three right at the edge of the park. It was awesome. So anyway. then we drove, and drove, and drove, and now here we are in Rawlins, because there was no place to stay up the road in Rock Springs. Tomorrow our goal is Jackson Hole, so we'll see how that works out. Anyway, we gotta leave at 6 in the morning, and my bed looks awfully nice, so I'll post more tomorrow night. Byes!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb