Teenagers and Dinosaurs


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Morrison
April 24th 2013
Published: April 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Recently, my teenage daughter begged me to visit the Dinosaur Ridge in Morrison which turned out to be a great experience for us. I drove my daughter and two of her friends to the museum. After carefully maneuvering my van into the tight space of the small parking lot that was as tiny as the museum itself. I didn't think much was there because of the small building visible from the road; however, I was deceived as the true action takes place outside that small building. Having limited time, we opted to purchase tickets for the tour on the museum passenger van. Driving the only vehicle allowed up the private road, our knowledgeable tour guide shared facts and dinosaurs. Occasionally we disembarked to see a variety of dinosaur tracks and fossils in their natural setting. While you can walk up the road to the many sites by yourself , the information the tour guide shares with you is well worth the ticket. When we completed the tour, the girls decided to pose with the various multi-colored stegosaurus statues located next to several cows that were located on the oldest continuous ranch in Colorado. Before leaving Dinosaur Ridge, the girls selected stone dinosaur necklaces as souvenirs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb