Two Day Blog - Saturday & Sunday and a Wonderful Time of Worship


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Loveland
August 25th 2013
Published: August 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 24, 2013 Saturday

Woke up to a beautiful morning, with the Rockies all around. Took a long walk after breakfast and all around the lake. We’re starting to see Canada Geese heading South, in their Vee formation. Their honking and flying low are fun to see and hear. On one part of the walk, with the Rockies in the distance, we felt like we were walking right into a postcard.

A trip to Red Lobster today for Will’s belated Father’s Day dinner and the All you can Eat Shrimp. And he did eat some shrimp! 100 of them. Marge had the Rainbow Trout, her favorit,e and we both rolled out of there. Went to a few of the stores along the strip and then back to the campground for an evening of sitting out and watching a bit of TV.

It was a beautiful day here in Colorado.

August 25, 2013 Sunday

Got up early and left at 8:45 to go to Pastor Ed Bulkley’s church in Westminster, a town on the North side of Denver. Life Fellowship is the name of the church and Ed is also the President of IABC Int’l. as well. He has been to our church many times and is a great friend of our Pastor, Kevin. Surprisingly to us, we walked into the church and Pastor Bulkley, being aware of our coming, was waiting to give us a warm welcome. We hadn't told a soul we were going to his church! Well, we found out that his daughter answered the phone when Will called for information about the service and saw it was a Clayton, GA number. She immediately called Pastor Kevin and he told them who was out here in Colorado. Our stealthy entrance into the church didn't work and we were even introduced from the platform as being from Kevin Hurt’s church, since many there know him. We enjoyed a wonderful service with a fantastic morning of worship and singing, and time in the Word and then Ed and his wife Marlowe took us out to lunch. What interesting, gracious folks they are!

It was pretty late in the afternoon when we returned to the camp site and just enough time for a walk around the park before it started to rain a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



26th August 2013

Neat church!
A really beautiful church and setting. But no mega churches for me! I like our intimate, smaller setting. Glad you guys had such a great time today!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb