Travel to Colorado and Boyd Lake State Park - Near Ft. Collins


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Loveland
August 23rd 2013
Published: August 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 23, 2013 - Friday

A lovely drive to Fort Collins, Colorado today. We left at 9:00 and it was 58 degrees.

Rawlins, Wyoming was a large Railroad town with trains running allll night long. Eight times at last count. Not a lot of sleep.

We’re seeing a large oil refinery along the drive and lots of windmills. We cross the N. Platte River and the Rocky Mtns are in the distance to the South. We will drive by two famous Wild West towns: Laramie and Cheyenne.; we also drive through Medicine Bow National Forest and cross the same river. Miles and miles of snow fencing.

At 8,000 feet, we’re now in the High Plains. We stop at a rest area and it’s got an Abraham Lincoln Monument, honoring his Sesquitennial birth date. The monument is really large and very imposing with a huge granite base. This is the Lincoln Highway we’re on and it goes from NYC to San Francisco.

Enter Colorado at noon and the campground at 1:15, a lovely State Park with a really pretty lake and walking paths all around.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



24th August 2013

Awwww, he's cute!
Thanks so much for my furry friend! He'd ooh good in your yard, don't you think. ALong with the giraffe and the red moose! Throw him on the roof of the trailer! By the way, Lincoln is a lot taller than I thought...
25th August 2013

Ah, more memories
Now you are hitting some special areas of more memories for me. We "accidently" ended up camping among all the cowboys & cowgirls readying for the big Cheyenne Rodeo, which we attended. The kids NEVER forgot that trip. Going to sleep w/the smell of the campfires & the singing & the guitars strumming. Laramie, another memory.

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0841s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb