East Coast Tour - Day 31


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Limon
July 29th 2016
Published: August 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 31 - Hutchinson to Limon

Thanks to the storm the night before, the morning was much cooler and a lot less humid. We made an early start with a goal of hitting the west side of Denver by mid afternoon. We made good time on I-70 and were soon in Colorado. We stopped at a nifty looking diner in Flagler for lunch and then hit the road again. About an hour later we were flagged by a passing car that there was something wrong with the trailer tire. We pulled off in Agate to find that we've lost another bearing on the trailer. Oh Joy! This time, the bearing basically exploded and took the inner/outer bearings, hub assembly, grease cap and decorative hub cap with it. The hub nut remained, but was basically fused to the rest of the assembly by the heat. The whole wheel was smoking, and probably would have caught on fire if it wasn't for that anonymous hero driver. THANK YOU!

Unfortunately the town of Agate has no services so we had to call AAA and ended up waiting 3 hours for a tow truck. The driver loaded the travel trailer onto a flat bed and carefully towed the trailer back to the town of Limon where fortunately there was a repair shop capable of taking a look at the trailer tomorrow. This means real beds for all and an indoor pool for Michelle. We'll find out tomorrow if it's a quick fix or if we'll be exploring this part of Colorado for awhile.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Car on a StickCar on a Stick
Car on a Stick

... on a stick
MilageMilage
Milage

So many miles to... everywhere
Loading UpLoading Up
Loading Up

Umm.. is that going to fit?
We might need a jacketWe might need a jacket
We might need a jacket

At least it's not stifling hot
On our way!On our way!
On our way!

Hey, at least we are moving again.
Oh yeah, elevationOh yeah, elevation
Oh yeah, elevation

The mattress does NOT have a built-in pillow.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb