#2 So where is Delagua, Co? Well lets take a look.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Las Animas
June 21st 2013
Published: June 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

So where is Delagua, Co? Well let's take a look





The maps show the old area of Delagua sits slightly to the west of the John F. Kennedy Memorial Highway. It is about 17 miles North of Trinidad which is the county seat of Las Animas County.



Another county map shows the breakdown of 5 districts in Las Animas County. Delagua appears to sit in the township of Aguilar. Aguilar is referred to a Statutory Town. The town was founded in 1894. Census from 2000 shows about 565 people lived in the town. I can only imagine how few people lived in the district prior to the mining company arriving.

Aguilar is said to sit 1 mile west of Interstate 25 (Kennedy Memorial Highway). That puts Delagua right about the same spot.

Just to note here that about 10 years ago Natalie and her daughter Linda White took a trip out to Colorado. They flew out and rented a car and drove out to the old Delagua neighborhood. I have enclosed on the first blog those photos which show the area to be cleared of all buildings with no sign of any of the old structures.



Okay well now that I have located the town lets continue with some personal stories. As I collect the stories I will continue to add blogs or amend those that need to include more facts, etc. I will try to keep the stories in chronological order so they are easier to find and for family to follow.
















Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb