Driving all Day...


Advertisement
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last leg of the journey - Denver.

Pretty scenery but not a lot to report as we spent 9 hours in the car.

We did stop at Grand Mesa (a 10,000 ft mountain, which has 300 lakes dotted around it.) The views were stunning, but the pictures dont do it justice - when do they?

We were surprised that Vail, A Basin and Breckenridge ski resorts were empty. There is hardly any snow in the mountains, whereas last year, these resorts were bustling until late June.

We got stuck in horrible Denver traffic at 4pm (I forget that the working hours tend to be 7 or 8am - 4pm here)

We eventually met Jon at the Pinnacle at 4.30pm and Jon revelled in the numerous compliments about his apartment (which is amazing). Zoe then had to drive again - this timeback to Denver airport to return the car. Jon drve behind her and brought her back, where she was finally car free at about 6.30pm.

We all had a glass of wine (bought from the Vineyard in Grand Junction where we went wine tasting) before heading out to Hapa Sushi for a HUGE meal. Mum tried sushi for the first time and liked it (well she tried the vegetarian stuff, but its progress for a woman who lives on salad)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb