Western Colorado


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Grand Junction
August 12th 2006
Published: October 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

World Tour 06-07


We left Seattle on August 6th, only a day later than anticipated. Our condo is packed up and rented out. We were feeling terribly guilty about leaving our two darling cats, Storm and Rogue, but are happy that Kim and Cara will be there to love them.

The drive to Grand Junction, CO from Seattle is 18 hours if you average 5 over the speed limit. We arrived tired and with sore bums. For the first few days we did little but relax in the pool and hang out with my nieces. Scott's mom arrived from Ontario on Thursday for a week stay. Friday we played in a golf tournament, which was a lot of fun. My team had the highest score, Scott's was middle of the pack.

We began touring around on Saturday, we traveled close to Silverton over Red Mountain Pass. It is one of the most amazing drives in Colorado. We met my aunt Susie and Uncle Buck and my cousin Nikki and her family at the campsite, where it proceeded to pour down rain for the next 3 hours. Scott and I passed on the ATV ride after Nikki and Trent came backed drenched from their ride. On the way home we detoured to the Black Canyon. It is another must see in CO. It is not for the weary of heights as you look straight down 300+ feet from the lookout points.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb