Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Durango
March 30th 2007
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Christina here:
On the last leg of our Amazing Race, we had a quick visit with David in NYC, where we talked into the night and sampled a great New York deli. Then we were picked up by the Malones in Denver, which turned into a mandatory rest stop (we needed sleep!) where we were pampered with incredible gourmet food and great visiting before we made the drive back to Durango.

I'm gonna wash that jet-lag right outta my hair...Actually, we're doing well, gradually re-adjusting to this time zone. Speaking of washing, it feels like some bizarre exotic luxury to take a shower. You've got to try it sometime... We're home in the land of crisp air and fresh snow, sorting through our luggage & film gear, and a million memories and the names and faces attached to them. I unpacked 2 pink bangles this morning--the ones Ramana slipped off her wrist and onto mine as we said goodbye at the orphanage. Then there are all the great pictures Sheryl captured. Sweetie's new music CD. Ticket stubs, receipts, and subway passes. Thirty-seven tapes of video. The punjabi dresses that Rachel and Sweetie helped us pick out. All of these things can't fit into your heart, so your heart has to swell a bit to accommodate them. I still feel a bit...I don't know how to say it, but sort of half here and half there, you know? We are so blessed to be able to take this adventure. So blessed to have many of you join us from wherever you are. After the dust settles, we know for sure there will be a second film trip, and a third. So be on the lookout for when the FilmGirls strike again. Who knows--if you're willing to carry a bunch of heavy gear onto the flying travel rollercoaster, maybe you'll come with us next time.
love and spices!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb