Day 4: Denver


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
December 31st 2011
Published: December 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bit of a quiet day today, but still plenty to do, if that makes sense.

Headed off around 11am to Golden. This is a historic little town, but it has one major attraction: Coors Brewery. It is the biggest single site brewery in the world (apparently), and it conducts a free audio tour. It takes you through the process of making beer, and what happens to all the left overs. They say the leftover mash goes towards cattle feed, and the leftover yeast is turned into cat food (yuck). The best part of the tour is you get to sample 3 full sized beers at the end, and you get to choose from about 10 different types. And its still all free! I tried a new brew they are trialling called Batch 19. I only had one (and a taste of Anna's, which tasted more like caramel than beer).

After this we headed out for a drive into the mountains. We drove for around 2 hours before we realised that we went the wrong direction and were heading towards Boulder again. Regardless, the scenery was spectacular, and Anna was able to point out some of the climbs she had
The officeThe officeThe office

Yep, American's put their flag anywhere important!
done. From Boulder, we took a different route and went back to Denver via Golden, so we ended up doing one massive loop for the day. Once again, I didnt get photos as taking photos from a car really wont do justice to anything.

Now we are about to head out for dinner. If anything fantastic happens I'll add it, otherwise goodnight!



EDIT: OK, so we ended up going out for a nice dinner at a place called Dave & Busters. Imagine the place that Andy goes to in Toy Story where he first gets the Aliens. Its just like that! You eat, then go play arcade games! For dinner I had half a rack of ribs and a chicken breast covered in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, mac n cheese and fried onions. All for $17 (plus tip) And it was actually really nice too!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb