Last Leg of our trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
July 10th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last part of our trip 😞

Denver, Rocky Mountain National Park, Greeley Rodeo and Carnival, and Boulder.
The last 5 days of our trip went out with a bang. We were missing Sydney and Liam and in the end, only 1256 miles straight home and one more night in a Walmart parking lot in Omaha Nebraska. For those who have never driven 26 hours in 2 days through eastern Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan, its a wonderful drive as long as you enjoy only farms, corn, cows, 95 degrees and 55 miles an hour on average.

Along with the expected 5,524 miles worth of events, we travelled through 2 oil changes, a new set of front tires, an upper radiator hose, an all expense paid trip in a tow truck 40 miles to the nearest town, 460 gallons of fuel (27 fillups) 6 bags of sunflower seeds, 2 rolls of duct tape, 3 uses of the cordless drill, 8 bonfires, 87 cans of traveller beverages, 4 nights in a walmart parking lot, 8 stops for groceries, one weld on the hitch, 3 nights camping in the rain, 8 national parks, 1,976 photos (oy), 6 hours of video, 2 arguments, going the wrong way 7 times, 36 souvineers, blah, blah, blah.

We thank everyone for coming along with us on the blog, and finally, we all felt this is a trip that every person on this earth should take, short or long.

Did I mention our a/c broke about halfway thru the trip?




Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The portable hospital at the rodeoThe portable hospital at the rodeo
The portable hospital at the rodeo

youd think they'd catch a clue when they have to bring the hospital to the event
Rocky Mt National ParkRocky Mt National Park
Rocky Mt National Park

We could have stayed a week in RNP!
Rocky MountainsRocky Mountains
Rocky Mountains

View from our campground north of Denver
Bear Lake HikeBear Lake Hike
Bear Lake Hike

We hiked the Bear Lake trail, along the way to past 3 more lakes, Nymph, Dream & Emerald Lake. It's a short hike, 4 miles with a steady elevation climb of 650 ft.
Bear Lake HikeBear Lake Hike
Bear Lake Hike

Along the hike, elevation 9,900 ft. 70 degrees.
Bear Lake HikeBear Lake Hike
Bear Lake Hike

Waterfall along the way.
More waterfallsMore waterfalls
More waterfalls

They help enhance the people.
Bear Lake HikeBear Lake Hike
Bear Lake Hike

By the second lake we get to some snow. only 6 feet high drifts.
Bear Lake HikeBear Lake Hike
Bear Lake Hike

Now we are hiking on top of the snow
Just chillin'Just chillin'
Just chillin'

40 degree water temp
Emerald LakeEmerald Lake
Emerald Lake

We made it to the top!
White water raftingWhite water rafting
White water rafting

Pre rafting orientation. Gordy said that the white water rafting would be mild water with class II and maybe class III rapids, sort of like a float trip. "I did not say that!" "Yes you did!" "No I didn't..." This is when I learned from the guide that we will be doing mostly class III's and IV's. So they have to tell you the worst when you sign the waiver. Gordy slept in the tent that night!


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb