Summer 2009 - Day 11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
July 11th 2009
Published: June 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Suprise


The Surprise
We awoke to a wonderfully sunny, beautiful day in Denver! We slept in a little, packed up, checked out of the hotel and got in the car. Went back to the UPS store and shipped the rest of the stuff home. We drove over to DU, showed the kids the dorms and parked the car. We walked over to the union and went to the Bookstore where we shopped for “stuff”; once again, Noah wasn’t doing so well. Anyway, we bought what we wanted and left. We walked around campus a little bit and went back to the car. We started driving and showed the boys the old ATO house. Then we drove into Cherry Creek. It was time for a brunch or lunch. We decided to go to the Cherry Cricket for burgers. We waited about 20 minutes; while waiting I walked 4 blocks to Peaberry Coffee to get coffee for mom and dad. While buying the coffee I saw a drink that intrigued me, a Cola Bear, so I bought one forgetting we were about to eat lunch! A cola bear is basically Coke with espresso in it, it was very good! I made the walk over to the restaurant, by the time I got there Amy and the boys had been seated. We ate our lunch and left. The burgers were as good as I remembered and everyone enjoyed the lunch. After lunch we drove to the hotel to see if we could check in a little early. We got to the hotel and I was told the room wasn’t ready yet. So we drove up to Boulder so everyone could see it. We drove by the “Mork and Mindy house” and took pictures. We hadn’t eaten anything in a couple of hours and Noah wanted.....you guessed it...Ice Cream. We found a great little ice cream place and had our snack. We walked around a little bit, then got back in the car and tried to find the AEPhi house, but to no avail. It was about 4 o’clock so we needed to drive back to the hotel. We get to the hotel, check in, park and bring everything up to the room. We need to change for our evening out. We all dressed in jeans and t-shirts, we put Noah in a Louisville Slugger shirt and told Ethan to wear a baseball shirt, but he opted for the new DU shirt. He wasn’t getting the hints! We get in the car and drive downtown, towards Coors Field. When we get near the stadium and people were selling tickets etc...Ethan says “that guy is selling 2 tickets”, so of course, I ask him “what are you going to do with 2 tickets, there is 4 of us?” He said he didn’t know, and I pulled out the 4 tickets I already had. The sound of joy from his voice was priceless and well worth the cost of the tickets! We drove to the West parking lot and parked with our pass. We got out of the car and walked to the stadium, we had to wait in line to get through the gates a very long time. Rain was threatening, but so far had stayed away. We walked to the seats which were 2 rows behind the Rockies dugout. During the game the boys each got a ball, Ethan got one from _____ and Noah got one from ______. The ballpark was wonderful and the prices were very reasonable for food. After the game we drove back to the hotel and went to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb