From one extreme to another


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
September 22nd 2009
Published: September 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Denver is a very outdoorsy town, and a very big town on physical exercise too, makes sense as I didnt see a single fat person in all of Golden! There's skiing in the winter and cycling in the summer, Chris is still trying to convince me to ski....

One thing that you hear about but you dont appreciate until you are there, is the change in the air as you get higher in altitude, and there really is a difference, headaches, nausea and tiredness, we have felt it all in the short time we've been here and there's still 80% of the air that you get at sea level, imagine being on Mount Everest where there is only 30%!

A real treat for both of us was the unexpected snow, we were driving up towards the mountains and I was getting very excited at the snow all around us, so we got out of the car and like a little kid I jumped into the snow, picking it up and making snowballs when it started snowing! Bliss! I've never seen snow before this and it was incredible. My excitement was shown when we stopped to take photos of some amazing mountain elk, I took two photos and proceeded to start throwing more snowballs at Chris!

Our last stop in Golden was the Coors Brewery, a bus started us on the door taking us from the parking lot to the Brewery, a handheld audio guide led us through the Brewery to the most important place.. the free tasting lounge! Very good value for money this tour was, ie it was free and we got three midi size beers each for testing. An interesting tidbit that came from this tour was that Coors Light is the best selling Coors beer. Both Chris and myself are unable to get our heads around this, you would never see a light beer as the best selling beer in Australia! It just wouldnt happen..

Next Stop... The Big Apple!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Las Vegas 238Las Vegas 238
Las Vegas 238

With our Coors light, very popular Coors beer


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb