Denver


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
June 21st 2007
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at about 8:30 and got ready to go see the Colorado Rockies play the New York Yankees. I had not seen my friend Todd Helton since I lived in California, so I was really excited! It was also my first time seeing the Yankees play and I was even more excited that I had brought my Boston hat along for the trip! We got to Denver at about 10:30 and parked the car at the field and lined up to enter Coors Field for batting practice. The doors opened at 11 and we headed in to go see Todd. We went down to the first base line and hung out with all of the rest of the autograph seekers for an hour and a half in the 95 degree weather… SO HOT. There were a few guys who definitely thought that they were pretty awesome, throwing out names. I gave them a good surprise by knowing Todd, Denver’s hero! I could tell that they were skeptical until he came out and immediately went by and said hi. We talked for a few minutes and then we headed up to our seats. The seats that we had were up on the third level, which were really high up, but it was awesome to be able to see the game, have a clear view of the city, and an awesome view of the Rocky Mountains in the background. Clemens started for the Yanks, he was going for his 350th career win, he lost . The Rockies ended up winning the game 4-3, sweeping the Yanks in the 3 game series. Lindsey and I got many death stares from the Yanks fans, but equally as many high fives and shouts from Sox fans. After the game we walked to get the car and headed over to the Breckenridge Brewery for dinner. It was really good! When we left we walked outside and were immediately stopped by a guy who said, Are you guys Massholes?!. Turned out that he was from Massachusetts also, but had moved to Denver 5 years earlier. That Boston hat always starts conversation. Jai suggested that we head over to 16th Street for some shopping and general hanging out. The downtown was very fun, lots of young people, shopping, eating, etc! We walked by two guys who had a broom and were sweeping a hat down the street. As I got closer I noticed that the hat was a Yankees hat to signify sweeping the series! Haha too fun! I asked him for a picture and he said What do you want a picture of this old trash for?. It cracked me up. We ended up heading into the outdoor mall area and listened to the live music that the local bars and clubs were sponsoring. All of the bars had tents set up where you could buy drinks, dance, or just sit and hang out. Marion and Cape Cod needs something like that! At about 9 we walked to the Cheesecake Factory where Jai and Linds got some cheesecake for dessert. When all was done, we got back to the car and headed home for one of our first relaxing nights of the trip. Can’t believe that we left only a week ago! Tomorrow we’re heading into Rocky Mountain National Park to do some hiking and exploring before heading to Betsy Wolcott’s house in Denver for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd June 2007

YANKEES SWEPT - YES!!!
LOVED THE PICTURE !! TOO FUNNY - IT'S GREAT READING OUR BLOG - CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE THE REST OF YOUR PICTURES. LOVE MOM
23rd June 2007

hooray
You two are amazing..super planning and great determination! Loved the broom sweeping the hat, the real time saloon photo, Linds' sunglasses and reading/sharing all the info..thanks for doing this for ME!! xxoo

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb