Las Vegas - Arizona - Colorado


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
October 8th 2006
Published: November 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ain't she Grand?Ain't she Grand?Ain't she Grand?

The Grand Canyon - 4/10/06
Well, I guess it's that time again. I finally have some time to tell you what we have been up to since our last email. Seems like ages ago I wrote it as we have been on the road quite a bit since then.

Russ found a little welding company that could do our welding for us in Vegas. They were only meant to weld a hitch together that we could bolt to the car but we found out later that they have welded it to the chassis and have painted the hitch while it is on the car!!! Russ isn't too impressed as he could have done a better job himself but it does the job for now. It only cost us $200 so we shouldn't complain. Will have to take photos of it for our next email.

Let see, after leaving Vegas on the 3/10 we made our way east to Flagstaff, Arizona. We arrived at the KOA campsite at about 8pm, got out of the car, and it was freezing! Big change from the heat that we experienced in Vegas.

On the 4th we woke up early and drove our way out to the Grand Canyon. What can I say about that? Absolutely breathtaking. Definitely worth the trip. We took lots of photos and video so be prepared to sit through them when we get back. We spent about 5 hours going to the different lookouts but definitely could have stayed there longer. We contemplated going back the next day and doing a hike but decided we definitely need to start looking for work so gave it a miss. The Canyon will always be there after all so we headed back to Flagstaff to spend the night.

After consulting our map we decided to give Denver, Colorado a go. There seemed to be more options open to us if things don't work out in Denver then if we went to Phoenix, Arizona. We took 2 days to get to Denver as the crappy weather seemed to follow us from Flagstaff. Last night we drove around for a couple of hours trying to find an RV park in Denver itself that we could stay at but they were all full so we drove back to the closest Walmart carpark where we spent the night with the company of 2 other RV's. We are finally settled in at park 10 miles north east of Denver. It's meant to be 'Delux' but it is anything but. I was dying for a shower when we got here and we had no hot water so I checked out the communal showers here. Let's just say, I will never, ever, ever use them. The showers themselves don't have doors, they have curtains so anyone, and I mean anyone that has a key to the shower block, can gain access which is quite freaky. I showered in the KOA showers at Vegas and they had curtains but you had a lockable door as well and the people that frequented that site were a bit more 'upmarket' then the ones here.

We went out shopping after setting up and Russ has bought some snow pants as he wants to be prepared for the cold weather which we are going to be experiencing. We will be buying some more clothes in the next few days. Russ is pretty excited as the news just said that we are getting snow tomorrow and Wednesday. Yikes!

I've also attached some photos of our trip to the 'Garden of the Gods' in Colorado Springs. We pulled off there on our way to Denver to have a rest and stumbled across this tourist attraction. The visitor centre had just closed so we don't know anything about it and I can't be bothered to google it at the moment but it was pretty cool.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb