4/21/2012 - Pike's Peak, Air Force Academy, Old Colorado City, Rudy's BBQ


Advertisement
Published: April 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

4/21/2012 - This morning, started the day off with a ride on the Pike's Peak Cog Train to the top of Pike's Peak. It was worth the $35.00 per person just to be able to enjoy the view while not driving and the wear and tear on the brakes coming back down. At the top there is a gift shop and also a small cafeteria where you can get Pike's Peak Donuts - think about it - - - - - - - yeast does not rise at over 14,000 feet. The donuts were different, but pretty good. It was very cold at the summit - 25 degrees with a wind. The snow is beginning to melt at the summit.

Later we rode to the Air Force Academy and visited the Chapel, probably the best recognized building at the Academy.

After this we went to Old City of Colorado to look. We then went to the motorhome for a bit, Shelby read a book while Aleta crocheted.

We then went to eat at Rudy's BBQ on Hwy24 just down the highway from the RV Park. The food was fantastic and the price was very good. Aleta and I ate until we were very full for $21.76 - ribs, chicken, sausage, potato salad, bread, and drinks. It is located on HWY 24 just past 31st street. Well worth the while to stop and eat here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 87, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb