Colorado City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Colorado City
October 13th 2011
Published: October 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Old Colorado CityOld Colorado CityOld Colorado City

There was metered parking on Colorado Avenue with a 2 hour limit so I parked on Pikes Peak Ave by Bancroft Park
October 13 Thursday Colorado Springs
I slept in till 0700 this morning and decided to invest another day visiting Colorado Springs. Pretty much everywhere I am going to I am revisiting but I am able to do so at a much more leisurely pace and that has made all the difference. The weather has been ideal and the air is fresh. This motel is ideally situated for exploring the springs and at $40.36 a night hard to beat. Of course that is off season rates. The advantage of doing the opposite of what everyone else does can hardly be overestimated.
Colorado City and Colorado Avenue is just a short walk north up 26th street. There is a bus stop on 25th street. The bus runs between the downtown terminal and Manitou Springs. The regular rate is $1.75 and senior rate (over 60) is 85 cents.
If someone is driving there is a 2 hour limit on the parking meters at 25 cents for 20 minutes but there is free street parking one block north on Pike Peaks ave or in lots behind the stores.
I had a pretty laid back day in The Springs. I went to a restaurant in Old
Colorado City and had a lunch burrito and then did some shopping at Walmart for fruit.
Then back to the room to work on various projects.
Tomorrow I will head to Denver taking a circuitous route through the Pike National Forest west of Colorado Springs then North.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The Carnegie LibraryThe Carnegie Library
The Carnegie Library

There was as library by the park. One of the old Carnegie Libraries that used to be in so many towns.
Bon Ton's CafeBon Ton's Cafe
Bon Ton's Cafe

I had a burrito at Bon Ton's Cafe. It was pretty good and plenty big.
The Carnegie LibraryThe Carnegie Library
The Carnegie Library

There was as library by the park. One of the old Carnegie Libraries that used to be in so many towns.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb