A great day in Boulder! Just what we needed!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Boulder
July 18th 2012
Published: August 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a great night's rest and relaxing morning, we head off to a local park to go tubing down the creek. They have made it a kayak path, and the rapids are not too high. Luckily, the mild winter kept the creek low and slower moving so we were able to go down more rapids on a longer run than usually is safe. The kids had a blast! So much fun! Bella took a good spill and earned some good scraps and bruises, Eddie bloodied an ankle, but over all, not too many spills and nothing serious. All were smiling about the day. We ate a picnic in the park and headed back to the house to clean up. Again, Freddy is definitely wanting a brother after hanging with Eddie and Ryan!

The evening finds us at The Wild Animal Sanctuary in Keenesburg, CO. WOW! This is a sanctuary for 350 large animals rescued from circuses and private owners. Non have been born in the wild and most have been abused. Started by one man, this has grown and is an unbelievable place to visit if you are ever in the area. We went in the evening since they are more active at that time. There is an overhead walkway that you meander around and see black leopards, grizzlies, black bears, wolves, tigers and lions. The website is www.WildAnimalSanctuary.org if you are interested. We ate a picnic dinner of delicious pesto and rigatoni, fresh fruit and chips (thanks, Julie! My kids are still asking for the recipe for the pesto - who knew?) Such a relaxing way to spend the evening. The frolicing grizzlies and the yapping wolves were a highlight!

My brother, Dave, came over again when we arrived back to J&J's house. So nice to visit with everyone and see what wonderful lives they have out in Colorado!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Jimmy VossJimmy Voss
Jimmy Voss

WEEEEE!!!!
Mike and Bella taking a rideMike and Bella taking a ride
Mike and Bella taking a ride

Jimmy, Freddy and Ryan cheering on...
Animal SanctuaryAnimal Sanctuary
Animal Sanctuary

Bella, Ryan, Julie, Eddie, Alix, Abby, Freddy


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0946s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb