Boulder


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Boulder
October 18th 2008
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had the opportunity this saturday of visiting the town of Boulder. It is known for its student prescence and crazy people. There is alot of colour and diversity here. Alot of us students ventured down to the local tattoo parlour to get piercings (i hear it is a common thing within the ywam denver setting). Many got their noses pierced and some got lips or ears pierced. We had Japanese for dinner - 2nd japanese place i have seen here, im sure!! (you wouldnt believe it coming from NZ right?! haha) It was good but i still must admit, its better back home.

It was fun and we got to witness some pretty...interesting people around the place. There are many hippies or people just doing their own thing, alot of street performers so it did make for some good times.
One funny story was these two boys were playing along on their buckets as drums and playing some sort of music. I was mesmorized. I just stood there watching, one of my fellow students advised me that is i look i have to give them money!! i went up to them with a one dollar bill (just to be generous), i approached them when i did, they LAUGHED and said they were not doing it for money. It was soooooooo funny. They said i could pick up an instrument and join in if i wanted so, to my enjoyment i picked up a tamborine and just jiggled and jingled around on the street playing this instrument. What a blast! We had some good converstation with them and then went on our merry way.

On our way home, we had a great time singing at the top of our lungs to many songs including good ol' Petey Pie singing the high parts to Kelly Clarkson. WOW.

This is My Life!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb