Hanging wit the locals


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
September 25th 2008
Published: October 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Homecoming video 14 secs
2: 46 secs
So i got to do some fun things with some local colorado-ans...It is a pretty crazy story and i think God is pretty funny when he does stuff you dont expect. Especially when it is out of the blue and far beyond co-incidence. So as i mentioned earlier, i stayed with a couple called Kenny and Sue (this was as soon as i arrived). I had never met them before or even been in contact before i arrived, It had been organised through Andrew and Lisa.

The first day i was staying with this couple they had to work so i ended up just taking it easy and walking round a bit, checking stuff out but mainly staying round the house. Sue rang me up cos the night before she had been up thinking to her self and being like..."God, what can she do so shes not so bored and we are both at work" and other things along those lines. So anyway she calls me up the first day of my trip while at work and says "Hey Prue, there is a girl here who works with me who is about your age and her boyfriend has a hockey game and said if you would be interested, you could join her" to which i replied, "oh yeah that sounds great you know id like to make the most of my trip and it sounds fun" so we hung up and she was on her break so she eventually went back to work.

A few hours had passed when the phone rang again..."Prue, what IS your last name?" "Oh its Jenkins"......."IT IS YOU!". Sue informed me that the young lady who worked with her, i had actually been talking to online occasionally for the past few months on facebook which was pretty crazy. I hadnt met her before but knew her through another guy i had been talking to online for over a year. So i went out to dinner with her and kenny and sue and ended up getting asked out by the waiter haha funny story, after that we went to help her brother ask his girlfriend to home coming (pictures attached) and went to the game which was super fun! They won so that was good.

What a night! The locals are great and so friendly so i had a blast. Welcome to America!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 46; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb