Stop 20: Boulder, CO


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Boulder
July 15th 2007
Published: July 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We drove into Boulder, Colorado tired from the heat, traveling, rafting trip, and long drives. In Boulder, we stayed with my Uncle Pat, Aunt Nora, and cousins Connor, and Maggie. They live in a nice house in pleasant neighborhood. Overall, Boulder is a city with a small-town feel to it, laidback and friendly. After a delicious dinner of barbeque chicken, we decided to skip fireworks the night (no big deal for me) for and get to bed early.

The next day, we slept in, relaxed, and planned our day (with the help of Connor and Maggie). For lunch, we went to the Walnut Brewery, a micro-brewery and restaurant that makes six of its own beers. We sampled four of the beers before we ate, and had a good meal with the tasty local beer.

We spent the rest of the afternoon touring Boulder, and shopping on Pearl St. Pearl St. is a closed off street in the downtown area filled with shops, restaurants, and bars. Allison really liked some of the stores (shocker) and we spent much of the afternoon shopping (my favorite!). The area was very pleasant and sociable, with street musicians and small playgrounds for children.

Dinner was again delicious, with home-cooked barbequed ribs this time. That night, we relaxed again, watching the movie The Bourne Supremacy with Maggie and Connor. In the morning, feeling very refreshed from our laidback days in Boulder, we made our way to Missouri.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb