Pre Trip Blog


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Arvada
July 12th 2010
Published: July 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!
We are 2 days from going to alaska. First stop (and the impetus for this) is Juneau to visit Brian and Kathy, with Mom and Dad, the CO Blitz's and Phebes! We are all very excited and certainly this is a very different trip for us. Juneau seems like the kind of place you could spend 3 months at and still only scratch the surface of. For me, hanging with Brian and Kathy is a great thing as like the whole Blitz clan we are spread out and thus don't get to do it often. That said, it is always highly enjoyable and memorable so we take as we can.

After the 5 days in Juneau we head off to Anchorage to get and RV and go to Talkeetna for a night, wake up and take a flight on a small plane around Mt McKinley/Denali. this will be awesome. People use Talkeetna as a starting point to attempt to summit the mountain. After that, we go to Denali Park for 3 days, head back through Anchorage to the kenai Peninsula where we'll spend 4 days or so--likley a couple in Seward and a couple in Homer. Like Juneau, its clear that while we'll be 8 days or so around the area, this will only allow us to scratch the surface no matter how much we see.

Juli and I are a little anxious about the whole RV thing for Denali and Kenai, but no doubt that will be part of the fun.

Anyway, we intend to update this something close to daily....we'll see!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb