First day!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Juneau
July 14th 2010
Published: July 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Can you say wet? Cold? Did I mention rain? Green, green and big mountains with water falling off and down. We arrived in rain, cold, cloudy (awesome clouds everywhere) and about 52 degrees. I have on four shirts (seriously) and a rain jacket. I am finally warming up. We met the cousins and relations; Brian, Scott, Kathryn, Jessie and Phebie and hiked/viewed Mendenhall Glacier. Wow, that was the coolest! White and blue massive ice, with waterfalls, and silty looking water. Just beautiful - the best it can get. We will try and go back when it is not raining and freezing cold to explore futher on the other side.

FYI: Blaze and Dax discovered a bat in the laundry room. He (the bat) is famous in our book as we took many pictures of him clinging to the curtain. I hope he finds his family tonight as I am not fond of doing laundry with bat (literally) flying around the room. Also, the owner told us to keep the trash shut in the room as the bears get into the shed. What kind of place is this - a wild, animal forest? We can only hope!! We are dying, let me not say that word, we are wanting to experience wildlife close, but at a distance, well, we want photos, but no bodily harm. Talk to you soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb