Hawaii 2008 Days 1 and 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
August 6th 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday, Aug. 4th- Well after a whole 4 hours sleep Sunday night I got up and met the team at LAX nice and early in the morning. After a nice and easy flight we arrived in Hawaii and were greeted with Lei's. We then made our way to the van rental and then on to the hotel. Registration at the hotel took a bit but then once in the girls were quickly off to the beach, didn't have to go far since it is right across the stret from the hotel. After beach time and rest time we then went to dinner at Cheeseberger in Paradise. By the time we got back to the hotel we were all exhausted and pretty much went to bed.


Tuesday, Aug. 5th- After a much needed rest we got up early and hit the waves of Waikiki Beach. Set up a surf lesson with the locals and the girls hit the waves and did a great job. We got photos as well as video and there is some good footage. After a couple hours at the beach we then made our way to the pool for the first of three games. The first game was the 16u and we play a team from the Netherlands. We lost 9-10, started of very very slow but then really picked it up in the second half. After that game we had to race to another pool for our second game of the day with the 18u. We played a team from Hawaii and won 12-2. From there we went to lunch at Rainbow, which is a local place that serves great plate lunch. We then made our way back to the pool for the last game of the day, this one with the open team. We played a team of girls from all over Hawaii and did great in the first half and then just ran out of gas. A lot of time in the water today and just couldn't keep up the pace. It was then back to the hotel for dinner and boy searching until curfew. Most of the girls were sound asleep by the time I did room checks. Tomorrow back out for more of the same. Check ot the pics.

Aloha!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb