Albuquerque, New Mexico


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Church of San Felipe de NeriChurch of San Felipe de NeriChurch of San Felipe de Neri

Around the Plaza of Old Town Albuquerque, NM
Today we got an early start to Albuquerque ( not only I have visited the city; I also know how to spell it.), It’s only about an hour from Santa Fe. The morning was cool (37 degrees) and sunny. Our first stop was at the NM Museum of Natural History and Science. It was located off I-40 in the museum district, easy to find. We spent 2 hours viewing the exhibits which were well done; lots of dinosaur fossils, rocks and geological stuff.
After lunch we walked to Old Town (about 3 blocks away). It was touristy with lots of shops, but there was a pretty mission, Church of San Felipe de Neri, across from the town plaza.
Then it was on to the Turquoise Museum for Frank and the Albuquerque Aquarium and Botanic Garden for me. It was a lovely garden with a conservatory, a huge Japanese garden and an old homestead. It was different and I enjoyed it. The sun was bright and there was a cool breeze blowing, but it was comfortable.
Our final stop was a rock shop where Frank found treasures!
Albuquerque is the largest city in NM and there’s more traffic than we’ve seen in
Church DoorChurch DoorChurch Door

Old Town Albuquerque, NM
awhile.
One observation about Santa Fe and Albuquerque they’re very “art” conscious and even the interstate roadsides are decorated. The cement on the overpasses is southwest pink with blue trim. and there are even patterned and wildlife mosaic barrier walls --- very attractive. I also love the colors and texture of the adobe architecture - great for photos.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

In BloomIn Bloom
In Bloom

In the Old Town Neighborhood
Old HomesteadOld Homestead
Old Homestead

In Albuquerque Bontanic Garden
Old Barn DoorOld Barn Door
Old Barn Door

Bontanic Garden


Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 99; dbt: 0.1036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb