The Mist Trail


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.7163, -119.665

Today we packed up camp. David and Anna were both in a hurry to get home- I think one had work and the other wasn't feeling well. Galen and I were both still energized and spontaneously decided to stay behind an extra day and then just drive home that night. Since we brought two cars it was totally workable.

After seeing the Mist Trail from Glacier Point the day before, he was deadset on hiking it, potato-chip blisters and all. With moleskin on, too. So we headed down to the Valley and the Mist Trail trailhead. Because of this hike, Galen was inspired to do Half Dome with us the following month. =D We even saw the brand-spankin new "Do You Have Your Permit?" for Half Dome signs. They weren't in effect yet but the signs were up. It was neat hiking the Mist Trail with such high flows. We got soaked. We ate lunch at Emerald Pool (which looked like a Cespool full of churning water, logs and debris). Normally there's idiots swimming in that pool (don't ever swim in Emerald Pool) and sliding down Silver Falls (which was also a raging river instead of the gentle waterslide idiots ride down).

We continued up the trail, turned right and headed down the John Muir Trail once we got to the top of Nevada Falls. There was so much snow melt that water was falling off the granite ledges into one continuous run of little waterfalls. We had a ton of fun running through those and getting soaked. =D

After hiking it was time to head home out of Yosemite. But of course on our way home we stopped at our favorite pizza place off Highway 120 in Big Oak Flat- Two Guys Pizza. Deliciousness.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb