Day 4 Yosemite National Park


Advertisement
Published: September 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


BreakfastBreakfastBreakfast

Feeding the deer
6.30am We woke up, Deer family outside the bedroom window! Went upstairs to the main house where Joe had cooked us the all American breakfast, cinnamon waffles, eggs, bacon sausage. Delicious. Have put on about 10lbs in weight, in 3 days.

Baron went out on to the balcony after breakfast fed the deer some waffles.

10.00am We set off for Yosemite and it was a beautiful drive, we took the 120 hwy which had only been reopened the day before.

As we got nearer to Yosemite we could see some of the fire damage. Over 250,000 acres have been burnt. It is a huge area.

When we got further in the views of rocks the valleys were amazing! We got in to the National park area and took an internal bus to the visitor centre. We didn't feel like dong any hiking so we took another internal bus to Happy Isles. We walked for 15 minutes to final a nice lunch spot.

We came across a water and boulder area and found a rock to is it on to have lunch. The water is very very pure you can see to the bottom, it doesnt look that deep because of how clear the water is. Baron loves it here, because he thinks he is Bear Grylls. We then had a little afternoon siesta on the rock. After our little sleep we walked up the boulder area to find the source of where the water was coming from. We then climbed back and got the bus back to the car park.

We drove back to Groveland, and got back to the cabin about 6pm. Had a drink out on the balcony and then headed to the 50 metre strip of Groveland....we went to the famous Mexican restaurant for the locals. It was hilarious. we walked in and it was a tiny little room with 8 tables. No frills no decor. Straw blew by as we walked in and just 4 locals sat at the table, said, "So where you guys from?" We spoke to them for 5 minutes, they invited us to stay at their house with them, gave us business cards and massive hugs as they left. Really nice local people.

Had Fajitas which were fantastic, Baron had Beef style fajitas with rice. He actually enjoyed it! We walked out of the door, across in to the Iron Door Saloon, not as busy as the night before, a local with a weird looking eye, and the barman who just put the drinks we had the night before on the bar in front of us. Funny as anything. This is hillbilly land.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb