Last day in Yosemite


Advertisement
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday 25th August
Got up early and packed up, just had time for coffee, an essential element to the road trip first thing in the morning!! Then it was a windy drive down to Wawona where we found a very nice 9 hole golf course, and a beautiful hotel - obviously where the rich people stay when visiting Yosemite!! Golf was great, it was a beautiful day and the scenery was stunning. The golf went well - Gra coaching me all the way and having quite a few decent shots himself. We had both peaked at the 9th hole and wound up in the club house having lunch and checking out the best route back to Vegas.

We didn't fancy another visit to Death Valley so took a longer way round back through a town called Barstow - a town where we stopped on the way out to California.

We didn't mention this when we first stayed in Barstow, but on the way out of town I noticed a newspaper with an article about Barstow hosting the next Olympic Games. I bought the paper as I was fascinated as to what this was all about.
It turns out that it was spoof documentary about a Barstow man trying to get the Olympic Committee to choose Barstow as the next venue for the Olympics. They had posters with a can of soup as the Olympic torch and all sorts of media attention was brought into this tiny town that people rarely stay for more than one night on their way to Vegas or LA. Anyway the film didn't make it big but has been made into a short that you can now watch on Utube, which is what Gra and I are going to do for entertainment tonight!!

In fact we actually went to a drive in movie, as it would be the last chance we will get before handed the car in tomorrow. We watched Tropic Thunder, and Gra laughed all the way through, then we watched Pineapple Express, which was also really funny.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb