VENICE BEACH - Grilled Cheese and Bruce Willis.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Venice
July 26th 2015
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.989, -118.462

CALIFORNIA - VENICE BEACHGraffiti, beautiful sandy beaches and Bruce Willis.The beaches are so clean and wide. Finally we had a beautiful blue sky.The graffiti is just amazing and huge covering whole buildings.We watched the body builders and the skate boarders doing their stuff. We ate grilled cheese sandwiches and enjoyed people watching.We stayed right on the boardwalk and where lucky enough to see the new movie of Bruce Willis being filmed in the alley way below. We had a birds eye view of the filming. The scene of a beautiful blue 50's looking car having holes drilled into the hood was a little odd and then there was the hammer and screwdriver making holes in the windscreen.The whole area was closed off and we watched the whole process. The stand ins holding the position and then when the lighting and cameras where set up the real actors step in. We where very happy to see Bruce Willis filming. Now we need to wait for the film so we can say, "We watched that being filmed!" If it doesn't end up In the Hollywood rubbish Dump.We walked down to the Santa Monica pier. The day was perfect. On the Sunday there was a huge rap festival on the beach. We listened for a while and then watched the roller skates dancing to disco music.Even here there are lots of homeless people here too. But not in a scary way. <br style="color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe WP', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">There was a piano out in the open and what seemed like a homeless man with some type of problems. He would come out and play. He played really well. He only wanted to play. Nothing else in the world seemed to matter to him. There seems to be more of a community feel in Venice Beach.On our last morning we ate our last grilled cheese from Zelda's and we where on our way back to Nanjing.America is a beautiful place. We caught up with so many of our Nanjing friends and now we have seen their home, experienced their world and now we have even more memories together.The world is a small place and it's always getting smaller.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb