So we had this crazy idea.....


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, this is going to just be a brief introduction of what it is that is going on here and why it is that you are all invited to read along. Basically as many of you know me and Jess have been bumming about for a while now and she has finally decided to go to Medical School in Philadelphia, like she was going to do 2 years ago. In the meantime we have had a lot of great adventures and we figured why not ease our transition into the "real world" with another great adventure. The general premise is that we have to move to Philly so she can start school by Aug 1 and we currently live in Truckee, CA near Lake Tahoe (which is amazing). In order to get to Philly we will ride our bikes coast-to-coast. We are going to begin riding at Golden Gate Bridge State park in San Francisco on May 3rd, where we will do the customary wheel dip in the Pacific before heading out onto the road for 3,787 miles of riding until we dip again in Yorktown, VA. How we get back to NJ or Philly is on the figure it out when we get there. We have been thinking about this trip for a few months and got serious about doing it about a month ago when we started to equip ourselves. We are essentially going to ride "off the couch" since it has been dumping snow almost every day up until 2 weeks ago so training was not really a viable option. We plan to camp for the majority of the trip and eat a lot of ice cream. I will be posting as often as I can to this blog with stories and pictures of what's going on during the trip. If you absolutly could care less that we are doing this then let me know and I will take you off the mail list. If you want to comment or ask questions or jsut peek in on us every now and again, that's cool too. We are now packing up all of our stuff and sending it home tommorow and then having a birthday dinner for me on the Lake and then the journey begins. Wish us luck and off we go....in 2 days.

Advertisement



2nd May 2006

Good luck, sis
Hey, kiddo... hope you have a good journey and stay safe. See you back on the east coast...
2nd May 2006

I am sure you will have an incredible adventure. Take lots of pictures and post them please! ......Arthur I am loving your car. I am not sure I will give it back to you! I am restrainging myself from plastering political bumperstickers as it is your card afer all.
3rd May 2006

Amazing
You have no idea how many cool points you just picked up in my book. Best of luck, and although probably too hot to go through AZ now, you've got a place to crash for sure. Have fun!!
8th May 2006

May 8 -Just figuring this out
Glad to find out how to get these messages from you. It has been several days since the last one, so imagine you are well on your way. Everyone I talk to is excited and wishes you well. You know that goes double for Jim and me. Jim wants you to know he got the picture for his birthday and he loves it! Will explain how he got it later on! The Post Office just earned a star in my book for sending it on to us. Lots of love.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb