Yosemite to Bodie to Lake Tahoe


Advertisement
Published: August 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


YosemiteYosemiteYosemite

Goodbye Yosemite. Here are a few last photos.
We left Yosemite yesterday to drive to Lake Tahoe, but had a detour via Bodie an old gold mining town. This place is now a ghost town and its like stepping back into the wild west. Only a ranger lives there now, and it must be very dark and very lonely at night, there is no electricity and no-one else there.

Unfortunately as we left Yosemite I got out to take some videos and the car door was slammed forward by a really strong gust of wind. It smashed against the front panelling and broke the hinge, we didn't know what to do. John managed to close the door and I climbed in through the driver's side. We couldn't continue on for 8 weeks like this so we decided to stay a few days at Lake Tahoe to get it fixed. John has rung the hire company and they asked us to get it fixed here and we'll see what else has to be done when we get back to Los Angeles. We now have the car back and the car repair man said it will cost a fair bit to repair the door which will need to be replaced.
Leaving YosemiteLeaving YosemiteLeaving Yosemite

Leaving Yosemite travelling east.
At least now the hinge is fixed and I can get in.

We have taken the opportunity to go to the laundromatte and do some shopping, so it hasn't been all bad. I've even got my blogs up to date. We head off tomorrow for Mt Shasta and then up to Crater Lake National Park in Oregon. I'll probably be out of computer range for a while, so will write again when I get a chance.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

BodieBodie
Bodie

This is the main street of Bodie, an old ghost town.


31st August 2010

Amazing
Wow...picks looks great, What an adventure..we would love to see pics of the bears..
31st August 2010

carols comment
i've just been reading your blogs and it sounds quite exciting amazing scenery and adventurous trip so far . I am getting excited about our up coming trip to europe in 5 days time leaving on the 6th september. I'm so impressed with this travel blog that I've sucummed wally to set up one for us.hear from you again soon l from carol k
31st August 2010

Travel Blog
Hi Carol, thanks for your comments. When you set your blog up let me know so I can follow it.
2nd September 2010

if you listen hard
when you look at the main street of Bodie.... and you listen real hard.... you can just hear the banjo..... love from the Brisbane Welshes...

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb