Muir Woods


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sausalito
November 18th 2012
Published: November 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Up early to cath the MUNI and the hop on hop off bus, which is the cheapest way to get to Muir Woods. tours tend to be about $20 dearer. At the bus stop met Madeline who was from Hile and travelling on her own. First stop was Sausaliso which is a pretty little town the property here is very expensive, millions of dollars and lived in about three months of the year.nnsome nice little boutique shops, ventured in to one with Madeline, it had some really nice glass pieces if you have four thousand dollars to spend, how the other half live eh!!!! Even the house boats on the bay fetch around a million dollars.

On to Muir Woods, home of the Redwoods, this land was given to the state around the turn of the century by John Muir. He wanted to preserve the redwoods as many were being destroyed due to development. No change there then!!! The woods are smaller than you might think in terms of acreage but they reach right up to heaven. The entrance fee is $7 and there are several paths to take depending on how far you want to walk. There are a few people around initially but as you walk further in to the wood it almost becomes silent. The air is clear and laced with the scent of pine. In the Cathederal walk some of the trees are so large that where the roots grow there are spaces that a person can stand in. The walk takes around two to three hours it really is worth a visit.

On our return we cross over Golden Gate Bridge at sunset what a lovely end to the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb