Marina Del Rey Los Angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
November 18th 2012
Published: November 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived back in LA shortly after a bond scare in the centre of the city, it was mayhem. The subway trains were all blocked up the the freeways blocked solid. On the bus from the station to Marina Del Rey I caught the airport bus which was the cheapest way of getting there, there was a woman across from me shouting at the driver because she was going to miss her flight, the journey which normally takes about half an hour took an hour. Arrived at my destination an hour late couldn't find the house so rang the host who came to meet me. The house is very small after the last place but it one block from the sea about twenty yards, lovely.

Yesterday walked along the beach from Marina Del Rey, to Venice, which is sort of a man made replica of the real thing, it's fairly pleasant. I have to say since being at the beach I have warmed a bit to LA it does have some redeeming features, the pelicans and seals and plenty to watch on the beach in a sort of tacky way but fun. There are surfers, skaters, bike riders, people playing music, clinics for people with habits!! The bodies beautiful and not so beautiful, gyms on the beach, volleyball, squash, kids play areas and much more. It's cheesy but fun. Rained today but supposed to be sunny again on Monday not at all cold though, am loving this climate.

Hopefully going to Santa Monica tomorrow if weather permits.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb