HAlloween and conference


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Barbara
November 8th 2006
Published: November 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ear and CutipEar and CutipEar and Cutip

Josh and Jeremy...by far the best costume I must say...
HI NZ!

Lil Saint in for another update... Missing you guys like crazy!

So Halloween was as crazy as I expected...DP (Del Playa St) was packed with students from all over California...saw some pretty impressive costumes...whoppie cushions, wheres wally (they call him Waldo over here)...Tissue boxes, a group of guys dressed up as Dominos, lots and lots of Napoleans, batteries etc. But the most outstanding and creative costume I think was worn by my friends Josh who was a cutip and Jeremy who was the ear...(check out the photo) I ended up dressing as a nerd with my friend Vanessa. Also, the funniest thing I saw, or the funniest thing about Halloween in SB is the police on horses...seriously...every night they had about 12 horses and their batons, waiting to...i dont know...trample on the students if they broke out into fights?? I dont know...but it was so weird.

My 21st was well spent, some housemates took me out to dinner the night before and on the Sat night i went Ballroom dancing for the first ever and tangoed the night away..lots of fun!

Just came back from the Arts, Cultural and Entertainment conference...very inspiring...well designed and executed i must say. The panel was excellent. To name a few- Iris Ichishita is a producer of films and made a documentary on "Homeless Kareoke" an outreach run by an ex-homeless/ cocaine addict called Tony. She recently won an award for the doco.

Another guy named Mark ran away to circus school after rejecting a UCLA scholarship. He became a clown and ended up in mainland China where he discovered an unknown people group called the "Nossu." These people live on average 2 potatoes a day and have no electricity. He started up a Summer project there teaching kids performing arts and circus training. These 200 or so kids are now like his own he said.

Another guy, Tommy Hollestein was once an all-round active sportsman until he broke his neck mountain climbing and became quadriplegic-an amazing testimony of how he actually died and came back to life again by praying to God. Now he has more movement than is expected for quadraplegics which is a miracle and he creates art now using his wheelchair. HIs work is amazing..he uses the tracks of his wheelchair tyres to roll into paint and then onto the canvas..his work is really impressive.

Sophina Brown whose in the new "Shark" movie spoke about intergrity and her experiences in the Hollywood industry as a Christian which was interesting to hear. Some other producers who make horror films also changed some people's perspective (as least mine) about horror and faith.

So thats just a few of the outstanding attributes about the conference.

2 weeks from now, il be visiting the Grand Canyon which well, considering its one of the ninth wonders...should be somewhat breath-taking I imagine...but then again..I dont know if anything can compare to the scenery in NZ...I've been advocating NZ hard...and the islanders too...(So my room mate and I have a world map on our wall- I just found out that Cuba is an island and she just found out where Samoa is and that Tonga actually exists! )

Ive caught the travel bug by the way...I just wana travel the whole world...there is soo much out there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

SupermanSuperman
Superman

I forgot his name..but doesnt he look like Superman for realz?
Del Playa StDel Playa St
Del Playa St

It was packed...
Police on DPPolice on DP
Police on DP

Were the horses really neccessary?
halloweenhalloween
halloween

THe girls and I...getting ready to go to DP
Cookie monsterCookie monster
Cookie monster

He was pretty big too!
UM???UM???
UM???

YEah i dont know wat to say...
NApolean!NApolean!
NApolean!

Just for you Sarah- Lee!
DP housesDP houses
DP houses

PArty, party party
UM?UM?
UM?

No comment..
LegoLego
Lego

How uncomfortable was he?
NinjasNinjas
Ninjas

not as ninja as seva though...right Seva?


8th November 2006

I love it!
I love it! Brings back memories! Looks like you're having the time of your life! The travel bug is hard to shake off once you've caught it! So glad to hear you're having a great time! Love you heaps! Olgar
9th November 2006

Woasers
What am i doing here? haha the ear and the cutip now thats creative...hey Lisa happy belated bday lil sis, great to see your having heaps of fun and meeting some new peeps along the way...uniguides miss you :( anyhow love ya have a wonderful day!!
9th November 2006

WOW
Hey hunnie!!!, it is sooo obvious u're njoying urself over there, good on ya!!!..Da costumes were actualli 'o' for awesome!!!! man! out of it...lucky girl! got 2 b there, 2 perve on hot superman!!!..mmmm...haha.. Well newaeZ...its study break over here in NZ and yeah going pretty hard...hope ur studies r going well also aside form all da fun ure having!!!...NewaeZ..bak 2 my bookZ now... Take care sweetie and God Bless. *muwah*!
13th November 2006

Surrrrreeee!!!
But why??? did that guy in the hawaii costume take yours??? hehehehe! GO LISA!!! Def looks like you're having fun there party girl! Great to hear from ya sis! Take care!:)
13th November 2006

and the best costume goes to..... Liza "The Nerd" Ho.. (",)lol mannn i wana have fun too.. do you have room for one more..? LOL keep smiling!! Lotsa Love LORNA

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb