Day 3 in San Fran


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
January 14th 2015
Published: January 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a much needed sleep in we were doing a second day in the hop-on-hop-off bus with the goal of getting to Sausalito. We did a short walk, jumped in the bus and decided to first get off at the hippy street where we walked and looked around and enjoyed the idea that was the hippy movement in the 60s and 70s. We strolled down the street, had a look in a few shops, let down a few more beggers before walking along a suburban street full of the townhouses which make San Fran famous. From here we had a chat to some other Aussie tourists before jumping back in the bus. Our bus took us across the Golden Gate Bridge which we could see today, unlike yesterday we had perfect weather with no fog in sight. We hoped if the bus, onto a trolley and headed for Sausalito. Sausalito is a small village of 7000 people just to the north of San Fran. It has a great view back to the city and lots of nice cafes (thanks Aunty Val for the tip). Here we had lunch with a view, a walk around then back in the trolley after an hour or so and back to the Golden Gate Bridge. This time we got off in the south side and walked across the bridge wits the sun setting over the ocean creating beautiful colours over the city. The walk took a while as the bridge is over 2km long. When we got to the other side we jumped back on a waiting bus and headed to pier 39 for dinner. Theresa had tradition chowder befire we headed for an early night. Tomorrow we pick up our hire car and will drive Lombard street and move at our own pace.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.4kb