Day 13 - Tour San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

The day was sepnt in San Francisco and the surrounding areas. Our first stop was Ghirardelli Square where of course we purchased some of their awesome "healthy" treats. We toured Fisherman's Wharf and had some pretty darn good seafood for lunch. Joyce and I had a 15 minute water massage that was very relaxing. I asked Joe for one of the machines for Christmas but at a price tag of $35,000, I don't think that will happen. Next we hopped on a streetcar and road up and down the hills. What a ride that was. We made our way back to the truck and then drove down Lombard street which is the curviest street in the world. Taking pictures down it was interesting. We went to Coit tower to see the breathing taking views from high above San Fran. Lauren and Sara (my PT gals) will be proud I was able to go up & down the 78 stairs.. Here they had a toilet that reminded me of a carwash. You go in and have 20 minutes to do your business (the doors automatically open after 20 min.). Then the whole thing locks down and washes inside like a dishwasher. Just too funny. Next we drove through China Town and the garlic smells were wonderful. We stopped this side of the Golden Gate bridge so Joe could walk out on it and take pictures. In typical San Fran style we couldn't even see the bridge because of fog until right before we drove over it at around 2:30. Once on the other side of the bridge we came back to Travis Air Force base via the Sonoma Valley. We drove by the Sonoma racetrack, but we are a month too early to see the Nascar race there. Darn the bad luck.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb