Hello San Francisco!!


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So it's been 10 days since our last update and a lot has been happening!!! I'll kick off from where I left things last time...
We spent four more days in LA which included hitting Venice and Santa Monica beach, exploring Hollywood some more, seeing bands play, and on our last day spending an amazing, 14 hours at Disneyland (which was still not enough!) LA was totally out there and very large on a lot of fronts (ie, large personalities, sight seeing and people in general). Venice beach was very, very awesome yet strange at the same time, but overall we had a blast!

On the 4th of July we jumped in the car and started our drive down the pacific coast highway toward San Francisco. We had allowed a couple of days to make the trip so we were in no rush. The drive along the coast was totally amazing and well worth the extra time and windy roads just for the views. We took a lunch stop in Santa Barbara were there was a 4th of July parade and we took a walk along the pier and down to the beach. After our 3 hour stop we jumped back in the car and continued down the road and stopped in Cambria to spend the night. We stayed in a weird little hippy hostel. It was very quiet and a little strange but a cheap for a bed for the night (with brekkie!!).

The next morning we got back on the road and made our next stop at Big Sur state park. We spent over 4 hours hiking some of the most amazing trails there and all the miles were well worth the views!!! I wish I could share the feeling Sarah and I got when we reached the top of one particular trail. It was over 800 metres above sea level and well worth the shaky legs and dehydration! With legs feeling like they were about to fall off and (VERY) tight buns, we jumped back in the car where we stopped to spend the night in Monterey.

The next day back on the road again, we spent the morning taking a look around Monterey where we walked the old sardine cannery area with it's shops and beach front and made the walk to 'Lover's point', then made the final drive into San Francisco.

We're
HollywoodHollywoodHollywood

Somewhere up one that hill in the fog is the Hollywood sign
been in San Francisco for 5 days now and haven't taken the car out once which has been nice! Sarah is especially loving it!! We've been exploring the city by foot without the expensive tours however poor planning led to us paying a high price for visiting Alcatraz! However today we made the 2km trip across the water to 'The Rock' which was really interesting to see. San Francisco has been pretty cool but the EXTREMELY steep hills are killing us! The ol' legs are so sore!!! Tomorrow's trekking includes actually walking over the Golden Gate Bridge and a China Town tour (plus a lot of unavoidable steep hills)!! Oh and washing day=D!

Well the photos will tell more of the story and in two days time we will be in Yosemite, so maybe another update from there (if pure nature we let us;D)!

Peace Out!

Hendo & Sarah


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Venice beachVenice beach
Venice beach

Freakshow!
Space MountainSpace Mountain
Space Mountain

awesome ride at disneyland most of it is pitch black. Big fail on the photo here trying to to glasses but a little late!
Star ToursStar Tours
Star Tours

Another good one at disneyland
Toy StoryToy Story
Toy Story

Fun at disneyland


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb